11 ways to say I love you
On Monday night February 14th of 2022 Vin Gogh hosted a live, in person, Valentine’s Paint and Sip event for a group of 11 couples. Ahhh people in the flesh, altogether, sharing a space, it was momentous and bound to be a fun time. We all needed it.
We have hosted at least 7 of these special V-day events and each and every one has been very festive, full of flowers, sparkles, hearts and especially this year, resplendent with x’s and o’s. Did we mention charcuterie platters, prosecco, chocolate kisses, and paint. For weeks we feared the worst, (shut down) and of course hoped for the best (full house!) The Gods shone and COVID stayed away.
Over the years we have edited, refined and enthusiastically embraced the spirit of Valentine’s Day and our need to be with loved ones and share a very special evening embracing the theme full on.
I promised the 11 ways to say I love you and so let’s begin.
- Reserve your place early and let your partner know you have a plan.
- Dress up, show your shiny as a new penny self, in modern times since pennies don’t exist anymore, toonie shine.
- Book a driver, this says we are going to have a good time, and we are responsible.
- Show up!
- Arrive at Vin Gogh, hang up your partner’s coat, we are in Canada and February means it’s still cold, and that we haven’t moved to Mexico yet.
- Let your partner pick their seat, you are early and you have the choice of seating. Settle them in and perhaps lean down for a smooch or a nuzzle, and whisper this is going to be great.
- Grab a drink, you have 4 tickets, the world is your oyster. The prosecco and Chambord liquor is the special of the night.
- Charcuterie board is filled with delectables, specialty olives, mixed nuts and assorted cheeses flanking the prosciutto and salami menagerie. (no beer pong tonight)
- You have some homework to attend to, a card and pen are presented and now we ask that you write us your love story, your friendship tale, your connection, silly or utterly romantic, take some time to discuss what brought you together and here tonight if you want to take it that far (we approve of telling us how you found out about us)
- It’s time to paint and both of you have the task of painting each side of a heart which we get to connect at the end of the evening. Do you match up the centres right away or do you wait til the end? Will you tell your partner how to paint or lean over with encouraging whispers wow baby your colours are so powerful???
- As the paint night evolves, each story, of each couple, is read on stage, either it’s anon or you wave your arms enthusiastically. It’s your love story and isn’t it beautiful to hear aloud? You made this night so special, so loving and so sweet for each of you and for those in the room sharing the evening with you.
I can’t think of a better way of saying I love you, I care and respect you, we can have fun together in news ways, than having a memento of two halves of a heart joining together symbolizing the 11 ways you said I LOVE YOU.
All our Love, Vin Gogh.